Coil Cradles & Cradle Straighteners
ROWE © started in the coil handling business in 1950 with its very first "Easy Load" coil cradle, the "800 J" Series. Today, we still offer our coil cradles in a variety of coil capacities.
Since coil cradles are not ideal in all applications, especially when processing surface-critical or thin gauge materials, please refer to the following reference chart to determine whether a coil cradle is right for your specific application.
Standard Coil Cradle Features
- Material capacity to meet almost any application
- Width capacities from 6" to 72"
- Coil capacities from 800 lbs. to 12,000 lbs. (Up to 30,000 lbs. w/ combination units)
- Adjustable "J" - type cradle guide plates
- Hardened cradle rolls
- Integral cradle pinch roll assembly ("3000 J" series and up)
- Counterweighted actuator arm mechanism (On/Off control)
- 60" O.D. coil capacity (72" Optional)
- Hand held jog pendant
Optional Coil Cradle Features
- Roller dolly & lift jack for portability
- Guide plate rollers
- Rubber- coated cradle rolls (for surface critical materials)
- Pivot peeler assembly
- Confining chute for overhead slack loop generation
- Storage ramp
- Coil catcher (for use w/ storage ramp)
ROWE© Cradle — Straightener combination
Uncoiling and straightening operations are combined in an integrally mounted unit with syncronized payout.
A variable speed drive powers the cradle and straightening rolls creating a plant floor saving unit.
All rolls are hardened, ground and set in anti-friction bearings.
Coil specification/model charts for Coil Cradles